Saturday, August 4, 2012

HAIR/HAIR PRODUCTS/EXTENSIONS

I'm obsessed with Khloe's color
I think I've done the most damage to my hair in the last 7 years than a person does in their lifetime. I didn't start dying my hair until I was 18, in grade 12. My natural color is light/medium brown and extremely thick. Over the past 7 years, I've tried 3 differen't kinds of extensions and went platinum blonde twice. I started out with fusion extensions, switched to a weave when I was 20 and had weaves on and off for 4 years. Last year I switched to tape extensions which I had for about a year and took out 3 months ago. Extensions in general are very damaging to your hair, no matter what kind. You'll lose some of your own hair to the bonds whether it's glue, tape, sewed in etc. I'm now extension free (AND LOVING IT) using clip in extensions when I go out (which is rare I'm such a home body lol) so I probably wear them once a week or once every two weeks. My hair is finally growing but it's not nearly as thick as it used to be. I'm sure after time it will eventually get back to normal. The bleaching for 3 or 4 years didn't help the growing process lol. Looking back at photos of when I was blonde I regret not going back to being a brunettte years ago. I thought blonde was super sexy and stood out but now I feel that way about brunettes and not blondes lol
When I was a blonde..

Ombre hair 6 months ago (tape extensions)
Straight hair

These were the first set of clip ins I bought after the tape in extensions were taken out. They were $200 and 18" long
Same extensions, curled with a 1 1/2 curling iron
Hot tools curling Iron I use. I wrap the hair around this like it's a wand. Excuse the dirtiness lol
My newest extensions, Luxy Hair
I ordered dark brown, 160 grams
Luxy hair. I don't tease my hair I use Got2B powderful and SWEAR by this product

Best product ever. Will always repurchase this
One of my fave hairstyles right now, the sock bun
what I use to achieve this look. purchased at Sally's a few months ago

Straight hair don't care! Luxy extensions

Love love love this new pony tail style I've been wearing. I wrap the pony tail with my hair to hide the hair tie. It gives it more of a sophisticated look (I think so anyways lol)


Now onto products I currently use! I'm always trying new hair products out and will continue to do so. Any great recommendations are more than welcome :)


Love Moroccan products I've been using these for about 6 months, the oil for over a year


Newest products I've purchased
All the current products I'm using

I'm not going bald I swear LOL I heard about this product from CarliBel55's youtube channel. I have thick hair but when I wear my hair up I don't have the perfect hair line, but with this product I do!!!! lol it's a hair thickener you spray on any thin spots (mine is on one side of my temple) and it looks perfect. It's by Jerome Russel. I wear my hair up everyday so this is perfect! I'll post pics of before and after using this on my next post to show you guys. It washes out btw.

I NEVER blow dry my hair. I always let it air dry naturally. I don't straighten./curl/style my hair during the week either I just wear it in a messy bun.
Sorry my pictures are a bit repetitive and I post a few of the same ones but I honestly don't go out often but I always take pics when I do :)

So that's about all I use for my hair. Any questions let me know!



Nicole
xoxo




22 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole!! Firstly, how do you put your hair in a pony with extensions!? And did you have your extensions cut into your hair to blend better?
    Thanks girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey love!! here's the youtube video I watched for this hair style : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lBwnB_NlME I always watch videos to learn new things :) I usually always get my extnsions cut but with these new luxy extensions I haven't I kind of like the way they look now! :)

      Delete
  2. Nic! I love this entry and I love your blog. HUGSS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you beautiful! i ADORE your blog! I just spent an hour on it yesterday!!!

      Delete
  3. Is that you in the last photo at the bottom ? If so what color hair dye / brand is that & also what color hair dye / brand did you use for the color you are with your first set of clip ins. (the 18" $200 ones)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No It's not me I just found this pic on pinterest. I WISH it were my hair lol i totally agree the color is amazing!

      Delete
    2. Yes I love it! Your hair looks gorgeous in the picture where it is curled with your first set of 18" clip ins. what color hair dye / brand did you use & what kinda of hair cut do you have? Love you dark!!!

      Delete
    3. thank you so much!!! it's a loreal dye in the color medium brown! i have lots of layers, the shortested are around my chin line maybe a bit longer. I think layers make your hair look the best when curled, it gives more volume and great shape :) thank you i love the dark too! will never be a blonde again lol

      Delete
    4. Oh nice, are you able to posted a pic of the box of dye ? I adore the color & would love to have the same one, layers are the best especially for us thick haired girls!

      Delete
    5. Yes I will! next time I go to London drugs I'll take a pic of the box and the color name :)

      Delete
    6. Thanks doll, love having a local blogger!

      Delete
    7. Yes please post a picture of the box dye you use :)

      Delete
  4. love your whole blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where do you buy the stuff you spray when your hair is up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure where to purchase it in stores, i bought mine off ebay for like $6

      Delete
    2. Where can I buy the go2be product ?

      Delete
    3. i bought mine from walmart but i've seen it at shoppers as well! Any store that sells got2b should carry it :)

      Delete
  6. Love it!! :)))) Will try some other moroccan products although I am more into Kerastese and it's a 10 will give it a shot again

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the color of your hair in photos with the Luxy extensions!!! What color do you use or what salon does this amazing color?! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete