Sunday, March 16, 2014

What's On My Face - Makeup Product Breakdown

Makeup products used:

Face:
- I started off moisturizing my face with kiehl's moisturizer
- I primed my face with hourglass veil primer. Primer basically provides an even canvas for your foundation and helps your foundation to last all day/night

- I mixed Kat Von D lock it foundation with Georgio Armani luminous silk foundation. The Kat Von D is my new favorite foundation! It's very full coverage (which I love in a foundation) but it is heavy, so it's not meant for a day time, natural finish. I mixed the two because I wanted a full coverage which the Kat Von D foundation provides but I also wanted the luminosity that the Georgio Armani foundation provides. Blended out with my beauty blender for a flawless finish 
Everyone NEEDS a beauty blender in their life!!!! It blends liquids flawlessly. Brushes just don't compare!

- I then used Mac's prep and prime highlighter(in radiant rose) and pro long wear concealer(in NC 20) to conceal and highlight. I blended it out with my beauty blender 
- I set both the concealer and the prep and prime with Laura Mercier secret brightening powder
- I then contoured with Nar's Laguna bronzer 
- I used my favorite blush, mac mineralized skin finish blush in warm soul
- for my highlight at the top of my cheek bone, down my nose and on my Cupid's bow, I used my new favorite highlight, Laura Mercier highlight in 01. I used to swear by Mac's soft and gentle highlight until I came across Laura Mercier's! 
- I used benefit's high beam highlight under the Laura Mercier powder highlight for a dewy finish
- I always set my face with a powder but I wanted a dewy finish so I just used the Urban Decay setting spray 

Eyes:
- I always start off with a base before applying eye shadow. If you don't apply a base, the eyeshadow doesn't have anything to stick to. I always use Mac's paint pot in painterly 
- using a 224 Mac blending brush, I used the naked 3 palette and "nooner" in my crease 
- with Mac's 217 brush, I blended "dark side" and "black heart" in my outer crease to create a smokey affect

-I used Mac's "phloof" eyeshadow as a highlight on the brow bone and inner corner of the eye. I always alternate between phloof or shroom by Mac as a highlight 

- I forgot to include a photo of my liner! I use NYC liquid liner to line above the lash line 
- I use Mac's kohl pencil to line my water line 
- I usually wear my Velour lashes with a dramatic look like this, but in this photo, I just used Mac's mascara
- I used Anastasia Beverly Hills brow wiz pencil in brunette 

Lips:
- I used my favorite nude lipstick by Mac called Myth along with my favorite Mac plush glass lipgloss in wildly lush 


And that's it! I know that seems like a lot of makeup and it is but I believe each product is necessary and serves it's purpose to achieve a look like this. If you know me, you'd know I don't wear any makeup hardly ever. Maybe a few times a month lol so when I do, I like to do it right ;) the days I do wear makeup, I tend to keep it natural in the day and for evening, dark and glamorous like in this photo. 

I really hope you enjoyed this post! If you'd like to see more makeup looks/breakdown on products, leave me a comment and let me know :)

Love Nicole 
Xoxoxo 

10 comments:

  1. Love these products! good post :) this is off topic but I wanted to know if you can recommend a brand for black skinny denim/ & white skinny denims, I heard jbrand, rag & bone, and citizens of humanity are good, can you also recommend a specific style :) I looked online & each brand has so many styles I couldn't decide as im afraid the fit might not be good lol thanks in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhh yes I can definitely help with that! My two favorite pairs of jeans I own are my white rag and bone skinnies and my black rag and bone skinnies lol they fit AMAZING!! Best fitting jeans I own. I believe they're the "legging" style but I'll double check for you and do a denim post this week :)

      Delete
    2. YAY Thank you so much! I'll be looking forward to that post :) <3

      Delete
  2. what are you using on your eyelid??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote a section in this post with everything on my eye lid :) I start with Mac's paint pot as a base and put the eyeshadow over top of that

      Delete
    2. i think you mentioned your crease, the outer v and highlight but its looks like you put something on the lid too

      Delete
    3. Ahhh you're right, sorry about that!! I'm wearing the shade "Liar" from the Naked 3 palette on my lid :)

      Delete
    4. Ahhh you're right, sorry about that!! I'm wearing the shade "Liar" from the Naked 3 palette on my lid :)

      Delete
  3. Hi! I just came across your blog and I love it! Your pictures are beautiful. I use the same mac concealer as well, it does wonders. Do you use the prep and prime before you apply the concealer to give you that brightness? I love it! I've been considering getting it! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I actually use the prep and prime highlighter after the concealer! My pro long wear concealer is in nc 20 which is close to my skin color so I use the prep and prime after to highlight :) I love it!

      Delete