Monday, March 21, 2016

Makeup Products Worth Buying

I'm a bit of a product junkie, I must confess. Any time a new product comes out or is discussed in the youtube world, I must try them for myself! For those of you who don't know, I love watching youtube tutorials/hauls/first impressions etc. I've taught myself to do makeup just by watching these videos and intend on making them myself in the near future as well :)


Here are a few new favourites that I will definitely be repurchasing in the future.



Urban Decay naked skin concealer. The consistency is amazing! I haven't tried anything quite like it before. It's replaced my beloved Nars radiant creamy concealer.

Becca under eye brightening corrector. This lovely product cancels out dark circles and brightens at the same damn time. You place this under your concealer, then conceal and set with powder (I like to set my under eyes with Laura Mercier loose powder in the photo below)

Estes Lauder double wear foundation. Foundations are one of the makeup products I purchase the most so I would like to think I'm somewhat of an expert in this particular field lol. This foundation is full coverage, has an absolutely beautiful finish, wears all day and is more reasonably priced than most high end foundations so that's always a plus! I believe it retails for $45 Canadian.



Laura Mercier loose setting powder. This powder is perfect to set concealer with. it doesn't crease or look cakey. You can also set your entire face with it as well.

Nivea after shave balm. Believe it or not this works as a primer (a primer is used under your foundation) and it's by far the best I've ever used and I've tried quite a few high end primers. I came across this strange product on youtube from a youtube beauty blogger named Nikki Tutorials who discovered this when she used her boyfriends aftershave when she was out of moisturizer. It goes on like a lotion but gets a little bit tacky so the foundation sits on top perfectly! Try it out, you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Huda beauty lashes in Scarlett are so beautiful! They have been my go to these past few months and I only purchased one set so you can really get your money's worth reusing these lashes.

NYX colour correcting concealer palette. This palette is great because each colour serves its own purpose and it's a drug store product which means it's inexpensive! I believe I paid $12 for it. My main focus is covering the dark circles under my eyes and peach/pink tones counteract the dark circles so I always use this under my concealer. Green conceals redness so I use this around my nose and over and blemishes. The peach and green tones are the colours I use the most.

I will be posting weekly again and doing mini makeup tutorials on my snapchat to start so follow me :) Nicolecxoxoxo

If theres anything specific you would like to see on my blog, please let me know! I'm excited to get back to blogging!

Love Nicole
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. loved this post! please do a post on your favorite full coverage foundations at the moment xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yes I can do that for sure :)

      Delete